East Tennessee Symposium

You are viewing this site as a guess, as such, you can reply to topics...BUT cannot post new topics, except in the forum... titled ''Guest's New Topic Posting Area''.
We invite you to join the Symposium.
Registration is simple and FREE....but you must have a validate email address!

East Tennessee Symposium

A place for discussing important issues because the whole of life is learning, therefore education can have no endings.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  
'' Attention!!Registration is simple and FREE.......Attention!!! forum is optimized for browsing via smartphones. You can browse all forums and write/send posts with your mobile phone. Attention!! A new feature titled…. Marketing Your Products/Services and Promoting Your Organization. It allows members and guests on the forum to sell, rent, buy or even give away items........

Share | 

A Fundamental Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member

Male Aries Posts : 1325

PostSubject: A Fundamental Question   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 4:12 pm

Why am I here on earth? Where did I come from?

Can anyone Tell me?

Hope and change voters....do not forget to after you enjoy a  with obama Kool-Aid....sweetened with NutraHope!

Many people (that I know) are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.

Ronald Reagen said it best.......The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

"You can ignore reality, but not the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

The truly educated never graduate !

When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going. The Smart Left a Long Time Ago.

I have always said I don't care what you do or with whom you do it, but don't demand that I think that it is normal or that it is OK!!!!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity!
how rude

Defining....Abracadabra … cursing censored
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Humminbyrd
Founding Member
Founding Member

Female Virgo Posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: A Fundamental Question   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 5:42 pm

You are here to make a difference, hopefully to make the world a better place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Fundamental Question   Thu 17 Jun 2010, 7:50 pm

Humminbyrd wrote:
You are here to make a difference, hopefully to make the world a better place.

Explain please!

Hope and change voters....do not forget to after you enjoy a  with obama Kool-Aid....sweetened with NutraHope!

Ronald Reagen said it best.......The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

"You can ignore reality, but not the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

I have always said I don't care what you do or with whom you do it, but don't demand that I think that it is normal or that it is OK!!!!

how rude

Back to top Go down
View user profile
deb
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Fundamental Question   Fri 18 Jun 2010, 9:55 am

Why do we think it would be a catastrophe if life ceased to exist? We tend to think that we were "put" here for some altruistic purpose, but if we weren't here would it matter?

If it doesn't matter IF we're here, does it matter how we got here?

I just think that humans place way too much emphasis on their role and value in the universe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Fundamental Question   Fri 18 Jun 2010, 10:51 am

deb wrote:
Why do we think it would be a catastrophe if life ceased to exist? We tend to think that we were "put" here for some altruistic purpose, but if we weren't here would it matter?

If it doesn't matter IF we're here, does it matter how we got here?

I just think that humans place way too much emphasis on their role and value in the universe.

I am here is what matters to me.....Why am I here on earth?...matters to me in that I have had and still have more Bad day in my life than Good days. Why am I here suffering could have suffered or maybe not suffered in another place....which leads me to....Where did I come from?

how rude

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Humminbyrd
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Fundamental Question   Tue 22 Jun 2010, 9:26 am

Abracadabra wrote:
[ am here is what matters to me.....Why am I here on earth?...matters to me in that I have had and still have more Bad day in my life than Good days. Why am I here suffering could have suffered or maybe not suffered in another place....which leads me to....Where did I come from?

I really don't know that much about you except that you are very involved in or opiniated about politics. That's good. Somebody has to care in order for change to take place.

It makes me sad to hear that you feel that you've had more bad days than good days.

I know there have been times that I have felt the same way.

I have learned that what we focus on - what ever it is that we give all our attention to...grows or gets bigger.

So, I try to focus on the good stuff. When I succeed and actually do focus on the good stuff - my mood, my life is better.

If I focus on the bad stuff, then I am sad and depressed.

I feel that we all have a purpose and is our responsibility to find out what it is. Yes, I feel it is our responsibility as human beings to find out what our purpose is.

I try to look around and at all times be grateful for this opportunity to LIVE...to have an opportunity to make a difference and hopefully, if at all possible, when I leave this world, I would like to have left this earth a better place.

BUT...I am human and I make mistakes and fall way short every day....but I will keep trying and I refuse to give up...because I am not a quitter...and I don't want my kids or grandkids to give up - or be quitters.

I believe with all my being that there is a Creator. For me, my Creator is God. I feel that life is too complex, too magical, to vast - to have "just happened."

I think God is in charge of all that's good - and that Satan is in charge of all that's bad. For me, it's just that simple. I praise God for my life, for my family and the ability to recognize things that we can be grateful for.

Abra - My wish, my prayer is for you to have more good days. I hope this helps. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Fundamental Question   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 7:23 am

Humminbyrd wrote:
Abracadabra wrote:
[ am here is what matters to me.....Why am I here on earth?...matters to me in that I have had and still have more Bad day in my life than Good days. Why am I here suffering could have suffered or maybe not suffered in another place....which leads me to....Where did I come from?

I really don't know that much about you except that you are very involved in or opiniated about politics. That's good. Somebody has to care in order for change to take place.

It makes me sad to hear that you feel that you've had more bad days than good days.

I know there have been times that I have felt the same way.

I have learned that what we focus on - what ever it is that we give all our attention to...grows or gets bigger.

So, I try to focus on the good stuff. When I succeed and actually do focus on the good stuff - my mood, my life is better.

If I focus on the bad stuff, then I am sad and depressed.

I feel that we all have a purpose and is our responsibility to find out what it is. Yes, I feel it is our responsibility as human beings to find out what our purpose is.

I try to look around and at all times be grateful for this opportunity to LIVE...to have an opportunity to make a difference and hopefully, if at all possible, when I leave this world, I would like to have left this earth a better place.

BUT...I am human and I make mistakes and fall way short every day....but I will keep trying and I refuse to give up...because I am not a quitter...and I don't want my kids or grandkids to give up - or be quitters.

I believe with all my being that there is a Creator. For me, my Creator is God. I feel that life is too complex, too magical, to vast - to have "just happened."

I think God is in charge of all that's good - and that Satan is in charge of all that's bad. For me, it's just that simple. I praise God for my life, for my family and the ability to recognize things that we can be grateful for.

Abra - My wish, my prayer is for you to have more good days. I hope this helps. Let me know.

"When you're up to your #ss in alligators, it's difficult to remind
yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp."

When I get rid of at least half of those alligators making up my bad days than maybe I will be able to concentrate on the good days.....and be able to drain the swamp!

Until then, I will have to wrestle with the alligators until I find the stopper and un-PLUG THAT D#MN HOLE!

Wonder if my answers are at the bottom of the swamp?? Humm

how rude

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Humminbyrd
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Fundamental Question   Thu 24 Jun 2010, 9:14 am

I shall have to wrestle with those alligators also until I can afford to drain the swamp! LoL!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fundamental Question   

Back to top Go down

A Fundamental Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1