East Tennessee Symposium
TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! Welcome
You are viewing this site as a guess, as such, you can reply to topics...BUT cannot post new topics, except in the forum... titled ''Guest's New Topic Posting Area''.
We invite you to join the Symposium.
Registration is simple and FREE....but you must have a validate email address!
East Tennessee Symposium
TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! Welcome
You are viewing this site as a guess, as such, you can reply to topics...BUT cannot post new topics, except in the forum... titled ''Guest's New Topic Posting Area''.
We invite you to join the Symposium.
Registration is simple and FREE....but you must have a validate email address!
East Tennessee Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East Tennessee Symposium

A place for discussing important issues because the whole of life is learning, therefore education can have no endings.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
'' Attention!!Registration is simple and FREE.......Attention!!! forum is optimized for browsing via smartphones. You can browse all forums and write/send posts with your mobile phone. Attention!! A new feature titled…. Marketing Your Products/Services and Promoting Your Organization. It allows members and guests on the forum to sell, rent, buy or even give away items........

TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member
Abracadabra

TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! Usaca10 Male Aries Posts : 1325

TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! Empty
PostSubject: TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX!   TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 7:06 am

I know that the subject....Tennessee State Income Tax....will appear again soon. Before you support a state income tax, read the following.........

The nine states with no personal income tax have seen gross state product increase by 86.3%, personal income grow by 64.1%, and population increase by 15.5% ...

Each and every state that introduced an income tax saw its share of total U.S. output and personal income decline. As the chart below shows....

The 11 states where income taxes were adopted over the past 50 years are:
TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! ED-AM334A_artla_NS_20101004185102

The states that have high income tax rates or have adopted a state income tax over the past 50 years haven't even gotten the money they hoped for. They have lost huge sums of tax revenue. They haven't avoided budget crises, nor have they provided better lives for the poor.

The data is clear ... it's non-refutable. If you want to punish the people for their success and hard work, than an income tax will achieve exactly that: punish people.

Punishment is meant to alter your behavior, to "teach" you that your actions were unacceptable. Is that the message we want to send to the people?

I didn't think so.

Back to top Go down
jetfan27
Freshman Author
Freshman Author

TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! Usaca10 Male Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX!   TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 2:20 pm

Well, coming from the land of taxing the crap out of you, I thought living in a state that is tax free would be nice. I haven't done the math so I am not going to say I am right, but is having a sales tax on everything you buy, better than having a state income tax. It would be interesting to see the results of that. I just guessing, but I would think it will be even or that a state income tax would be less expensive.
Back to top Go down
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member
Abracadabra

PostSubject: Re: TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX!   TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 7:04 am

jetfan27 wrote:
Well, coming from the land of taxing the crap out of you, I thought living in a state that is tax free would be nice. I haven't done the math so I am not going to say I am right, but is having a sales tax on everything you buy, better than having a state income tax. It would be interesting to see the results of that. I just guessing, but I would think it will be even or that a state income tax would be less expensive.

First I believe that your “fellow monkeys theory” would go into effect immediately at the state level concerning a Tennessee state income tax and in addition …..I offer the following....

There are seven states have no state income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. Two others, New Hampshire and Tennessee, tax only dividend and interest income.

Compare Tennessee's “ State debt as a percentage of personal income” to the other states “with no individual income tax” and with those “with highest individual income tax rate”.

TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! B3_Rahn_Chart_WEB_s160x242

There have been a number of both empirical and theoretical studies showing the negative impacts of state income taxes on economic growth within the state that have an income tax and these studies show concluded: "Jurisdictions that imposed an income tax to generate a given level of revenue experienced lower rates of economic growth relative to jurisdictions that relied on alternative taxes to generate the same revenue."

Income taxes, as contrasted with consumption (i.e., sales) taxes and modest property tax rates, are far more costly to administer and do far more economic damage (by discouraging work, saving and investment) and are far more intrusive on individual liberty.

The states without state income taxes overall have had far better economic performance for most of the past several decades than have the income tax states — particularly those with high marginal taxes.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=11991
Back to top Go down
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member
Abracadabra

PostSubject: Re: TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX!   TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 7:24 pm

jetfan27 wrote:

New York State income tax rates.....If your income range is $20,001 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 6.85%.

New York has a 4% state sales tax. All counties and some cities add local taxes ranging from 3% to 4.75%. The combined sales tax in Utica, for example, is 8.75%.

Tennessee has a 7% state sales tax. Counties and cities add local taxes up to 2.75%..for a total of 9.75%.

Tennessee's highest rate sales tax ...9.75% + 0 state income tax = total 9.75%

New York's (using it's highest rate)..highest rate sales tax...8.75% + 4% state income tax = total 12.75%

Last edited by Abracadabra on Wed 27 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
aayisha19
Freshman Author
Freshman Author

TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! Animat14 Female Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX!   TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 7:23 am

The variable income tax rate for Tennessee is determined by TN state tax legislation. How much income tax that is withheld from your paycheck depends on which tax bracket you fall under. In general the more you make, the more you will be taxed. To find out more about TN income tax, sales tax, W4 forms, 1040 forms, tax returns, current state tax rates and general Tennessee tax information, click here for the Department of Revenue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX!   TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX! Empty

Back to top Go down

TENNESSEE STATE INCOME TAX!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1