East Tennessee Symposium

You are viewing this site as a guess, as such, you can reply to topics...BUT cannot post new topics, except in the forum... titled ''Guest's New Topic Posting Area''.
We invite you to join the Symposium.
Registration is simple and FREE....but you must have a validate email address!

East Tennessee Symposium

A place for discussing important issues because the whole of life is learning, therefore education can have no endings.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  
'' Attention!!Registration is simple and FREE.......Attention!!! forum is optimized for browsing via smartphones. You can browse all forums and write/send posts with your mobile phone. Attention!! A new feature titled…. Marketing Your Products/Services and Promoting Your Organization. It allows members and guests on the forum to sell, rent, buy or even give away items........

Share | 

Genealogy and Family History!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member

Male Aries Posts : 1325

PostSubject: Genealogy and Family History!   Mon 17 Jan 2011, 8:27 am

Search the Mormon Church's huge genealogy record collection in the free genealogy search engine...@.... http://www.ancestorhunt.com/mormon_church_records.htm

The Mormon Church (LDS or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) is well known for their collection of genealogy records.

There is much information contained in their databases but finding what you are searching for can be tricky. Be sure to try various spellings of the surname and first name. Even try using first initials if you can't find the person you are searching for by using their full name. Checking "Exact Spelling" will search for the name spelled in ONLY the way you have entered it in the search engine and therefore will put a limit on results. This option is not recommended in your initial search. Good Luck!

You may want to visit this site...@..... http://www.ldsgenealogy.com/
for resource guides to help you to get started on your genealogy:

* How Do I Begin?
* A Guide to Research
* Discovering Your Family Tree Research Helps

The LDS Church offers free genealogy software that you can use as you do your genealogy research. It is called Personal Ancestral File (PAF) and is one of the best software programs for genealogy. It helps users organize their family history records. It can produce, either on screen or on paper, family histories, pedigree charts, family group records, and other reports to help users in their search for missing ancestors.

To download.....Personal Ancestral File (PAF)..see below...

To download complete registration information..
First Name
Last name
E-mail address
Registration also enables you to receive automatic notices of any future update.

Below is the software available for download....@... http://www.familysearch.org/eng/home/welcome/simplepafregistration.asp

PAF v5.2
Free Family History Software
Current version is listed with each language. Each version contains the program and user's guide.

PAF v5.2 Lessons (English Only)
Lessons for beginning users are available for download. To access the lessons, select "Lessons" from the PAF v5.2 "Help" menu. Lessons may also be accessed online at

PAF v4.0
Free Family History Software
PAF v4.0 contains French, Portuguese, and Spanish versions that are not available in PAF v5.2.

PAF Companion Basic v5.4 (English Only)
Free Color Chart Printing
Print your family tree in colorful ancestor and descendant charts. It's easy and fully compatible with PAF. The basic version is free and prints up to three generations.

Mormon (LDS) Church's huge genealogy record collection...@....

The Granite Mountain Records Vault, located a mile up Little Cottonwood Canyon.

The Granite Mountain vault that is underneath 700 feet of granite outside of Salt Lake City but very few have ever seen the inside of the vault. FamilySearch has released videos that give all of us a view into the operations behind the vault door.

I was especially impressed with the comments that not only are microfilms stored and duplicated in the Granite Mountain Records Vault, but efforts now underway will result in all the microfilms eventually being digitized. Future plans include making all images available to everyone, worldwide, in the convenience of their homes.

Many of the images stored in the Granite Mountain Records Vault are the only copies left in existence.

The Granite Mountain Records Vault videos are available in two parts:

Hope and change voters....do not forget to after you enjoy a  with obama Kool-Aid....sweetened with NutraHope!

Many people (that I know) are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.

Ronald Reagen said it best.......The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

"You can ignore reality, but not the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

The truly educated never graduate !

When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going. The Smart Left a Long Time Ago.

I have always said I don't care what you do or with whom you do it, but don't demand that I think that it is normal or that it is OK!!!!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity!
how rude

Defining....Abracadabra … cursing censored

Last edited by Abracadabra on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BOTS purpose)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Genealogy and Family History!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1