East Tennessee Symposium
 "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts! Welcome
You are viewing this site as a guess, as such, you can reply to topics...BUT cannot post new topics, except in the forum... titled ''Guest's New Topic Posting Area''.
We invite you to join the Symposium.
Registration is simple and FREE....but you must have a validate email address!
East Tennessee Symposium
 "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts! Welcome
You are viewing this site as a guess, as such, you can reply to topics...BUT cannot post new topics, except in the forum... titled ''Guest's New Topic Posting Area''.
We invite you to join the Symposium.
Registration is simple and FREE....but you must have a validate email address!
East Tennessee Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East Tennessee Symposium

A place for discussing important issues because the whole of life is learning, therefore education can have no endings.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
'' Attention!!Registration is simple and FREE.......Attention!!! forum is optimized for browsing via smartphones. You can browse all forums and write/send posts with your mobile phone. Attention!! A new feature titled…. Marketing Your Products/Services and Promoting Your Organization. It allows members and guests on the forum to sell, rent, buy or even give away items........

"Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member
Abracadabra

"Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts! Usaca10 Male Aries Posts : 1325

"Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts! Empty
PostSubject: "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts!    "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts! EmptySat 16 Apr 2011, 8:53 am

The url of the site with topic....husbands-wives-in-heaven is..@... http://www.allaboutgod.net/forum/topics/husbands-wives-in-heaven

Beginning comment is on.....

Heaven is about being enraptured (delighted) with the LORD, not about being enraptured (delighted) with each other......
I believe that there is nothing wrong with beginning delighted with yourself with that delight coming from you living according to God's will as long as you that delight is not more than the delight for the Lord!

en·rap·ture....en·rap·tured.... en·rap·tur·ing.....en·rap·tures.means....To fill with rapture or delight.

Our hymenal relationship will be with the God who created us for his pleasure....

I have no idea what a hymenal relationship means??? That is not the problem I have with the comment...the problem is with.... God who created us for his pleasure...this is horsepucky....as is the answer to my question “why am I here on earth”....the answer I usually get is to glorify God. To that...I ask ...could I not have done that in a better place than this miserable place (life on earth).

Last edited by Abracadabra on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member
Abracadabra

PostSubject: Re: "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts!    "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts! EmptySat 16 Apr 2011, 10:09 am

Bind in Heaven

When Jesus commissioned his Apostles, he told them their actions would be in effect in the next life.

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Matthew 16:19)

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Matthew 18:18)

The Greek word translated ‘bind’ in those two verses is deo and means to tie or to be in bonds. Likewise, the Greek word translated ‘loose’ is luo and means to loosen, breakup, destroy, or dissolve. Jesus told the Apostles that whatsoever they tied together in the spiritual sense on earth would be tied together in Heaven and whatsoever they dissolved on earth would be dissolved in Heaven. An example of this authority to ‘bind’ is found in the verse immediately following the Savior’s declaration to them that they could bind in Heaven. Jesus told them that if two of them agreed on how the prayers of the faithful should be answered by God, then the prayers would be answered that way.

Again, I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 18:19)

That is, the Apostles would act for God in giving answers to prayers. This scripture implies that the authority given the Apostles to bind or make valid in Heaven applied in general to all the work of the Apostles. Thus, if they performed marriages, those marriages would be accepted by God in heaven and would be eternal marriages.

Allen's
Back to top Go down
Abracadabra
Founding Member
Founding Member
Abracadabra

PostSubject: Re: "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts!    "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts! EmptySat 16 Apr 2011, 10:24 am

Reply by Rita Cullimore on January 26, 2011 at 5:47am......
For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Eternal Marriage

Some who say there are no eternal marriages, and they refer to Matthew 22:30 in which the Savior said in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage.

Let us look more closely at that verse. The Sadducees, who did not believe in the resurrection and were trying to trick the Savior, asked Jesus a question about the resurrection. According to the Law of Moses, if a man died his brother would marry his widow to raise up children to the first brother. The Sadducees posed the theoretical question of brother after brother dying, and they asked, Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven [brothers]? for they all had her.

In response, Jesus said the following......
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. (Matthew 22:29-30)

Notice that Jesus did not say that marriages would not exist in the resurrection. What he did say was that “they neither marry, nor are given in marriage”, that is, marriage ceremonies are not performed by resurrected individuals. He was talking about the act of marriage not the condition of marriage.

Last edited by Abracadabra on Sat 16 Apr 2011, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed notes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts!    "Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts! Empty

Back to top Go down

"Husbands & Wives in Heaven" My Thoughts!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1